2016 NASC Roto

2016 North American Scrabble Championship Rotisserie

The Roto is now closed. Congratulations to three-time champ Jason Li!

Can't attend the 2016 NASC or just jonesing for an extra piece of the action? Then play the Rotisserie! Form your team by picking 3 players from Division S (Collins), 4 players from Division A, 3 from B, 2 from C, and 1 from D, and cheer them on as they compete! The teams with the most wins (ties broken by spread) win fabulous prizes!

If after clicking on your team, you see a player is pink, it means that pick is no longer valid. Email Ryan to pick another player!

Rotisserie Procedures

Create your team using the form on the right. After doing so, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to change your team if you so desire. It's essentially your receipt. Cost to play is $15 per team.

Or get 4 teams for $50!
Please add a processing fee of $.76 per team if paying through PayPal. 15% will be kept for maintenance of the website and the smooth running of the Roto. The remaining 85% will be returned as prizes.

Stay tuned to this page during the event to get updates as soon as they are available. After the event is over, there will still be a 72-hour waiting period before awards are announced so we can confirm the results. Emails will be sent out to announce the winners. Winners have 30 days from that email announcement to claim their prizes, after which they will be forefeited.

If one of your picks drops out or shifts, that Rotisserie selection will default to the highest-seeded player in that pool of players. If one of your picks starts the tournament but does not finish, your roster will not be adjusted to another player. Also, please note that it is your responsibility to make sure your team picks stay within the Rotisserie Line boundaries. You are only allowed one pick per group.

Many thanks to Seth Lipkin for making REST services available, ensuring that the minute a change is made to the entrants on cross-tables.com, it will be reflected here.

Important Dates

Mon July 25 2016 @ 6:00 PM EST
Rotisserie Opens!
Sat Jul 30 2016 @ 11:59 PM EST
Roto Entry Postmark Deadline. Payment accepted by PayPal or at venue Friday night ONLY after this date. Check lost in the mail? You must pay me via PayPal or cash. I will gladly void and destroy your check if it happens to turn up at a later date. If your payment is not received before the event begins, your entry will be voided.
Wed Aug 03 2016 @ Mail Time
Roto Entry Snail Mail Receipt Deadline.
Fri Aug 05 2016 @ 11:59 PM EST
The roto will close for entries. Ryan is unable to attend the 2016 NASC. Joey Krafchick will take entries at the venue Friday night and Saturday morning before the games begin.

Questions? Contact Ryan.

Instructions

  1. Pick a team name.
  2. Type in your email address.
  3. Type in a password that you'd like to use so you may edit your team(s).
  4. Pick your team! 3 from S, 4 from A, 3 from B, 2 from C, and 1 from D, for a total of 13 players!
  5. Press the "Create Team" button. Your team will be saved and viewable at the right, and you will receive an email detailing how to edit your team and pay for it (including an address to which to send your check).
  6. The Roto Picks page will also mark whether a team has been paid for. I have capped the number of teams you may create at 5 per person. If you would like to make more teams, please contact me. Please refrain from making multiple teams you do not wish to use, to help ensure the roto will run smoothly. Thanks, and have fun!